Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy 2014!

First post for the new year!

2013 has been a great year, filled with lots of new experiences and opportunities. I remember myself writing on the white board during my usmle step 1 preparation, I want the KR of 2013 to thank the KR of 2012. And I really want to thank the KR of 2012, for making such big decision, to take the road which is less traveled, to make every effort for making all these come true. I am happy and proud to be where I am now.

Moving across to the other side of the earth 10000miles away from home is not easy. Packing up all my things into 2 luggages was relatively easier compared to packing up all the feelings, leaving behind friendships, comfort and most importantly family behind.

Lots of 'first' time happened. Sitting in the plane witnessing two sunrises, two sunsets and yet your destination is still far away, jumping off the plane to a place whom you know no one, taking a cab to an address which you have no idea, putting your body through the lowest temperature it can ever withstand.

I made friends. Friends whom I never will see again. Having to say Hi for the first time and saying goodbye for the last time, knowing that you both will most probably won't meet again, and the 'keep-in-touch' will unlikely to happen.

Nothing is ever easy.

But, with all these, I grow. I have learnt the best way to move about, to know how many layers I should wear at a temperature of 30F, to survive. And all these are priceless. Things which no textbook in the world will teach you.

They say, the best people inspire the best in other people. I am truly humbled and inspired by the people whom I met.

My circle of life was a very small one, a very comfortable one. But I am glad that I chose to step out of it.

20 days to match day. I really hope I can continue this journey of mine. And one day, I hope to share all these stories when I come home. I have put in my best effort, hopefully all things will work out well. *fingers crossed*

Same old tradition, I hope the KR of 2015 will look back and thank the KR of 2014 for giving her best, and make 2014 a fruitful year. I hope for the same for everybody.

No comments: